PO Box 142
Covington, Ohio 45318
Makers of "World Famous"
Porter's Salve History
Porter's Salve was formulated in
1916 in Piqua, Ohio, by the George H. Rundle Company. The
salve was sold door-to-door by traveling salesmen for many years. There has
been no formal advertising for Porter's Salve. Sales have been generated mostly
by word of mouth, from satisfied customers telling others of Porter's Salve's
soothing, healing properties. The original name was changed from Porter's Pain
King Salve to its current name, due to a request from the FDA. The
reference to liniment was made because this salve was formulated from the
Porter's original product, liquid Porter's Liniment.
Recommended as a
"beneficial application for bruises, rough and cracked skin caused by
inclement weather, insect bites, sunburn and local irritations," it is
advocated for use on both man and beast alike. The salve has a drawing quality,
which works particularly well on slivers of metal, wood, or glass, beneath the
surface of the skin.
This product, not highly
advertised other than by word-of-mouth, has gained attention throughout the United States, Canada, and many countries abroad.
Known for its healing powers, Porter's Liniment Salve,
gets new customers by recommendations of satisfied users. The company is
headquartered in Covington,
Ohio and is a family owned
View our mail-in Order Form then
print it out and send it in with check or money order.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Any Questions or Comments?
Ó 2004 Porter's Products
Page Created 12/9/1998
Page Updated 1/16/2008